Exceptional Quality Control
Unfortunately the word “quality” has been overused these days, to the point where it has become just noise in many companies’ marketing.
Rather than say that our swimming pools are quality swimming pools, we prefer to explain what our quality program entails:
- Leisure Pools has on staff a polymer chemist who manages the Leisure Pools technical centre.
- Leisure Pools ensures the quality of incoming raw materials by batch testing against benchmarked materials using an FTIR spectrometer.
- The Leisure Pools technical centre cuts a section out of every swimming pool manufactured (where the skimmer box of the pool is located) to undertake the following tests:
- Flexural and tensile strength test.
- Cure percentage tests of each layer.
- Barcol hardness testing.
- Boil testing of laminates (random samples).
- Burn testing of laminates (random samples).
- Leisure Pools weighs all materials to ensure correct quantities have been applied to each swimming pool.
- To ensure compliance against the Leisure Pools benchmark, an ultrasonic thickness-testing device is used on random samples from multiple key locations over the swimming pool.
Leisure Pools is the only company to have invested heavily into this level of quality control. Leisure Pools have done this because in order to provide a Lifetime Structural Warranty we need to ensure that we are at the top of our game in the product that we provide.
Whilst much of the above may seem very technical, the key element that you must decide is whether the swimming pool shell that you are looking to install in your home will last the test of time. A swimming pool is a great investment both for your family and the value of your property, however it is important not to assume all pools are the same as they are not. With Leisure Pools you are purchasing a swimming pool that will last.